The UAE will suspend the entry of travellers coming from Vietnam, starting June 5.
It's part of measures to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Entry from Vietnam will be suspended for all incoming national and foreign carriers.
Meanwhile, those coming from Vietnam through other countries are required to stay in those countries for at least 14 days before being allowed to enter the UAE.
Cargo flights between the two countries will continue as usual, and so will outbound flights.
The decision also exempts transit flights coming to the UAE and heading to Vietnam.
The latest decision has been announced by the National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA) in coordination with the General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA).
Exemptions will be there for certain categories of passengers:
- These groups include UAE citizens and their first degree relatives, diplomatic missions accredited between the UAE and Vietnam, including administrators working in embassies, official delegations, chartered flights by businessmen, and those holding golden and silver residency visas (provided that they receive prior approval).
- Individuals who have received the full vaccine doses approved by the World Health Organisation will also be allowed entry, provided that 28 days have passed since taking the vaccine.
- The holders of essential jobs according to the classification of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) and the crews of foreign ship and transit aircraft are exempted, provided they obtain a negative PCR test within 48 hours of departure and upon arrival and adhere to the quarantine norms.
- The exempted groups are required to undertake preventive measures that include a 10-day quarantine and a PCR test at the airport, as well as on the fourth and eighth day after entering the country.
- Moreover, the validity of the PCR test period has been reduced from 72 hours to 48 hours before travel, provided that it is administered by accredited laboratories that issue results with a QR code.
#الطوارئ_والأزمات والطيران المدني: تعليق دخول المسافرين القادمين من فيتنام على جميع الرحلات الجوية للناقلات الوطنية والأجنبية، وكذلك ركاب الترانزيت القادمين منها، اعتباراً من 5 يونيو 2021، باستثناء رحلات الترانزيت القادمة للدولة والمتجهة إلى فيتنام.https://t.co/SUdo59fjsx pic.twitter.com/fPg3H2RHMO— NCEMA UAE (@NCEMAUAE) June 3, 2021